a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

24.8.16

Ride the #NoShaveWave with Silk'n Flash&Go | Demo & Review!

Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.


Legs For Days, Darling


My legs are one of my favourite features - I'm quite tall and have very long legs, and I love showing them off! Especially during the summer time - shorts, skirts, dresses... love love love! What's on the menu? Legs What I hate though, is shaving. I'm not the biggest fan of body hair, and I've tried most types of hair removal. Waxes, razors, shaving creams... you name it, I've probably tried it. The trouble with these types of hair removal is that you'll be smooth for a few weeks, but the hair will eventually grow back. Worst of all is that it gets super messy! I've been curious about laser hair removal for a while now - the convenience of being smooth without painful cuts or ingrown hair bumps? Sign me up! But it can be quite expensive - I've seen laser treatments priced from $1000 and up, depending on the amount of hair and where on the body you'd like to zap!

When Silk'n reached out to me about their new Flash&Go Express Compact Hair Removal Device, I was immediately intrigued! I have always wanted to try out light-based hair removal (which I will explain a bit more later on!) I tested out the device for two weeks (two treatments), and today I'll be showing you a mini demo and review.



I actually used it in the weeks leading up to my Muskoka trip, which you can read about here!

Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.

A major confidence booster!

There's something about feeling silky and smooth that just boosts my confidence! Maybe it's tmi but I always make sure to shave and smoothen up in time for conventions. Many cosplayers use nude coloured tights when they have to show their legs, but I prefer to go barelegged! It looks more natural in my opinion. I always feel like a total boss when I'm strutting down the street with smooth legs, haha!



Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.
Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.

What's Inside The Kit?

The Silk'n Flash&Go comes in a sturdy zipped kit. Components include...

  • Silk'n Flash&Go Express Device
  • Plug & adaptors for UK & European plugs
  • Instruction Booklet
  • Warranty
  • Microfibre cloth


Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.
Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.
Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.


The Device

The Silk'n Flash&Go is a beautiful piece of technology - it's a small and compact rounded device that has a nice weight to it. It feels quite luxurious, and the user-friendly design means no fussing around as it has super easy maneuverability! Simply plug it in, set your flash power, and press the front clicker to activate the device! The device also has a built in fan which keeps the machine running efficiently.


How Does It Work?

The Silk'n Flash&Go targets melanin (pigment) in hair. If you have lighter hair, it may take a few more treatments to see results! Individuals with darker skin tones should use lower energy settings and final results may require more treatments. A skin colour sensor is embedded in the device and if the surface is too dark, it will not emit a pulse of light. 

As I mentioned earlier, the Silk'n Flash&Go devices use concentrated light technology, which is essentially a method of removing individual hairs from the face or body. These devices destroy the growth center of the hair with concentrated heat energy (HPL) . This means that the Silk'n Flash&Go targets hair follicles, and gradually diminishes the hairs over time by targeting them at the roots, with permanent effects! Over time, you will see your unwanted hairs thin out and eventually disappear. Although I've only been using the Flash&Go for two treatments, many people over on Influenster have seen great results! You can use the device anywhere from your cheekbones down, so along your upper lip, armpits, arms, bikini line, legs...etc!


Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.
Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.

Demonstration

This is probably the easiest hair removal device you'll ever use, seriously! The steps towards smooth skin are super simple! I've added the Flash&Go Express to my bi-weekly girly pamper night! :D It's also great for the woman on the go, who doesn't have time to mess around with numerous hair removal products.

First, shave the treatment area (for me, this is my armpits and legs.) Then, plug in the device. You'll see lights circling around the power button - press it and you'll hear the inner fan turn on! Next, keep pressing the power button to select your desired level. For me, this is level 3-4. Next, simply place the front of the device (where the opening is) along your skin, and press the main button on the top. The device will emit a rapid pulse of light. Move to a different area on the skin and continue until you're finished! It's super easy! You can see a demo on their youtube channel here!

Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.
Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.

Does it hurt?

I think many people will be curious about whether or not the pulses of light hurt. At first, I used power level 3, as I figured the middle level would be a good place to start since I have dark, thick hairs. Now, I consider myself to have an average pain threshold, and I did not feel anything for level 3! You see a zap of light and hear a little popping noise, as well as a subtle warmth on the skin, but nothing painful. At level 5, the heat did feel more intense and the pop was louder, but again it just felt like a zap of medium heat on the skin for a split second. In my opinion, it did not hurt at all and felt completely painless!

I don't know how they did it. I was a little nervous at first but the whole process felt totally fine and I didn't experience any irritation at all.

Review and demo on the Silk'n Flash&Go Express - painless and permanent hair removal.

It's really convenient and only takes minutes to use! I'm absolutely loving it, and can't wait to see my future results! :D Now you can be silky smooth and stubble free forever! It's not messy and aftercare/ cleanup takes seconds. The device glides effortlessly across the skin, and the whole process is just so simple.  Join the Silk'n not shaven revolution and make shaving a thing of the past!  You can find Silk'n products at Bed, Bath & Beyond; Kohl’s, Ulta, and select Target locations in the USA.


Have you tried laser treatments? What are your favourite body care products? Have you tried any products from the Silkn collection before? Let me know in the comments below! You can also find Silk'n on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram!


Thanks to Silk'n for partnering with me on this post, and thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog! I'm definitely riding the #NoShaveWave, are you?

This post was sponsored by Silk'n, but as always this post is 100% my honest opinion! 

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign