a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

14.7.16

TheFaceShop Mango Seed Skincare & BB Pact Review | ft. BBCosmetic


TheFaceShop Haul with BBcosmetic



I'm sure by now, you all know how much I absolutely loooove TheFaceShop! A few weeks back, I went on a big skincare shopping spree (read about it here) and picked up the Mango Seed discovery kit, which featured the toner, lotion, and facial butter. When popular online Korean cosmetic and skincare shop BBcosmetic reached out for a review, I leapt at the chance to try out some more TheFaceShop products!

Today I'll be reviewing two items from the Mango Seed skincare line, as well as the My Other Bag x TheFaceShop collaboration CC Moist Cushion Foundation*!




But first, a little catch up...


I'm back from a little unannounced hiatus - the end of June brought a whirlwind of activity as I jetted off to the sunny state of California for Anime Expo in Los Angeles. I was planning on scheduling a few posts, but between finishing up my cosplay, filming content for my youtube channel, and instagramming up a storm, my blog kind of fell behind. Oh, the increasing wisdom tooth pain wasn't really helping.

But the great news is... I'm back! I've got quite a few new beauty, travel, and food posts to show you all in these upcoming weeks. But now, to the real reason we're here...


My Other Bag x TheFaceShop Moist Cushion CC Pact


TheFaceShop has collaborated with My Other Bag - a brand that showcases designer bag images adorned upon sturdy, eco-friendly canvas tote bags! Such a quirky and fun idea. For this collaboration, My Other Bag has designed limited edition packaging for TheFaceShop's CC Cushion foundation pacts! I decided to pick up the Moist CC Cushion because my skin can get quite dry - I'll take all the moisture I can get!

I've never tried a CC cushion before, but I've heard so many talk about how great they are! It seems like many western brands have hopped upon the popular Korean makeup bandwagons. I know that CC cushions hold significantly less product that a typical bottle of foundation, and have light-medium coverage formulas.


Packaging

The overall packaging for this CC cushion is quite solid - hard black plastic with the colourful My Other Bag design on top! For the Moist Cushion, the design features a green geometric design. Inside, the cushion houses quite a large mirror, a black cushion puff, and a cushion separator. The cushion also arrived in a little canvas tote bag with a matching My Other Bag design!


Formula & Coverage


This cushion was very wet and released quite a bit of product! For this demonstration I used my finger, but I would advise using the cushion puff/sponge so it's a bit more sanitary... I applied the cc cream to my face with the puff. I'm wearing shade 21 Light Beige. I am not wearing primer either, only some moisturizer, and I set it with a light layer of loose powder. The cc cream itself has a very light floral scent that does not longer after application.

For reference, my skin typically suffers from dryness and redness (but it seems to have reverted to normal-type after I seriously upped my skincare game!) I usually wear very light shades (my ~perfect~ foundation match is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in #2). I have tanned about a shade darker this summer, and 21 Light Beige matches me quite closely! It doesn't oxidize on my skin, which always seems to happen when I wear CC creams...

As for the lasting power... I wore it for almost 12 hours yesterday, in the heat as well (lots of Pokemon GO catching, ok~?), and it lasted really well! A bit of oilyness, but generally stayed put. 

My conclusion.... I really like this compact! It's super handy for just tossing in your handbag for touchups throughout the day, although it does apply with a wet texture and I find that I always have to set it with a powder.

You can find TheFaceShop x My Other Bag Ultra Moist CC Cushion on BBcosmetic for $18.50 (on sale! Usually $22.99)




TheFaceShop Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Skincare


The Mango Seed line boasts intensive hydration to the skin. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LINE!! Probably one of my favourite skincare lines that I've used so far - and that's saying something! TheFaceShop is kills the skincare game, and my skin thanks them!

The main three reasons why I love the Mango Seed Line:
1. It smells incredible - it has a light mango scent that isn't too sweet or obtrusive and linger for a bit on the skin before fading.
2. The products soak in quickly and does not leave an oily texture on the skin.
3. As the properties suggest, it delivers intense hydration to the skin and solves issues with dryness very quickly!

Packaging:

Both products come housed in a solid, frosted glass bottle. There is a handy pump on top, and both products may be applied directly to the skin without the need of a cotton pad!

The Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Toner has a bi-phase formula - meaning there's a thick yellow creamy liquid floating on top of a clear toner. You must shake the product and combine the two liquids in order to take full advantage of the moisturizing properties! I like applying this immediately after deep cleansing (when your face feels dry or taut.) You can find this on BBcosmetic for $19.05 (on sale - usually $20.99)

The Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion is a light liquid moisturizer that feels very refreshing on the skin, especially when applied after the toner. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and sinks in quickly. It does not leave behind any residue, and I find it works well under makeup without any slipping or sliding around! You can find this on BBcosmetic for $19.05 (on sale - usually $20.99)

My conclusion... YES YES YES! I highly recommend trying this skincare set out if you have dry-normal / combination skin. It's a lovely summer skincare set with a fabulous scent.

Want 10% off your order with BBcosmetic? Use code 'D1417D5DB41HB' at checkout!


Thanks for reading - hope you enjoyed this review! 

*Items were sent to me for review, but as always, all opinions are my own!
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign