a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

6.6.16

#TakeYourChance with Chanel - Toronto Yorkdale Event!


#TakeYourChance with Chanel


Chanel is one of my all time favourite beauty and fragrance brands - it just exudes an aura of luxury and charm. Chanel No5 Eau Premiere is probably my signature scent! It's light and seductive, with notes of jasmine flowers and tonka beans. The fragrance itself is both timeless and recognizable, and I've always received compliments when wearing it. Chanel has a number of iconic perfumes, and I'm here to share one of their most popular fragrances.

Last week, I was lucky enough to attend the Chanel #TakeYourChance event held at the Hudson's Bay in Yorkdale Mall in celebration of the Chanel Chance fragrance. The line includes 4 different scents : Chance Original, Chance Eau Fraiche, Chance Eau Tendre and Chance Eau Vive. Each bottle was a different colour - yellow, green, pink, and beige.

It's your chance . . . TAKE IT! A decidedly young scent for those who dare to dream. A light, subtly sensual fragrance, filled with vitality and energy, evolves from one moment to the next, each wholly unique.



At the event, we were able to try the fragrances, creams, and hair mists! The idea of the hair mists was intriguing - the bottle was smaller and the perfume was stronger (less alcohol content), and was meant to be sprayed into the hair for a lingering waft of fragrance. Chanel describes this as... "A hair mist that scents the hair with the fresh and modern notes of the fragrance. Easy to slip into your purse, for women on the go. The ideal way to revive the scent trail of the oriental-fresh fragrance throughout the day."



Since the theme of the event was taking chances, there was also a fortune and tarot reading area! I'm quite interested in the idea of fortune telling, but I'm also pretty superstitious and I'd rather leave my fate to happen on its own! ;) The perfume tester had a lovely bowling ball themed design as well!


Zubie and I headed over to the makeup station to play around with the “Dans La Lumiere De L’ete” makeup collection, and attempt to make some kind of instagram worthy flat lay.... We found this little Chance bottle pin that the makeup artist was wearing - so cute!


Oh, and I should mention that there were also fortune cookies! That's right, Chanel fortune cookies! They read “Energy, Optimism, Freshness, Softness? Which CHANCE is yours?” So cute!


I was drawn to the Chanel Eau Tendre (in the pink bottle). I received a quick hand massage (super relaxing, and the scent was so lovely!) However, I have to say my favourite Chanel Chance scent was the original! There's just something about the original Chanel scents that makes me fall in love with the brand over and over.

Have you tried any of the Chanel fragrances? 

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign