a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

10.5.16

What's In My Makeup Bag; April


You know the saying...


April showers...windy days, frost, and spontaneous snow bring May flowers! The weather last month was absolutely horrible - every so often the sun came out and flirted with us before disappearing behind a screen of clouds and snow. April has come and gone, and it's time for me to share my monthly makeup essentials. I almost forgot about this post (as I usually post it at the beginning of the following month), but better late than never, right?

If my April makeup had a theme, it would likely be "Dependable Basics". Read on to find out more...





Base Basics


Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Powder Foundation in Fair Honey

I've raved on an on about my Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Powder Foundation for ages and ages. My skin is typically normal-dry, but for some reason I was a bit oilier this month and liquid foundations weren't doing much for me. This mineral foundation buffs flawlessly into the skin and controls oil quite well, serving up a dewy glow as opposed to an oil spill.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light 

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light was definitely a hyped up purchase. I realize how (and it pains my wallet to say,) I'm not really feelin' it. It feels like a regular old powder with a bit of a glow, but it doesn't make me ooh and ahh like a $50 powder should. I've been using it this month for the sake of using it. At least the packaging is nice.

Nars Laguna Bronzer (Mini)

I received this mini size bronzer in the Sephora Bronze Bares-All kit, and I love it! I finally got to try out one of Nars' most cult products and I'm so glad the shade works well on my skintone, and the travel size is so cute. I hardly use bronzer at all (only for a bit of cheek and nose contour with the slightest amount of powder), so the small size is really convenient for me.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal

Another mini size from the Sephora Bronze Bares-All. This highlighter is insanely pigmented, and Opal looks so lovely on my cheekbones and the inner corners of my eyes. Again, I love the small size for its convenience and packaging. I only use the lightest dab with my brush or fingers and get insane pigmentation! Besides, I can't forsee myself using this up very quickly either!

Etude House Berry Delicious Cream Blusher

Recently I've been getting back into Korean cosmetics! I used to be obsessed, and Etude House was one of my favourite brands. I'm trying to get into cream blushes for summer, and I've been alternating quite often with the MAC Archie's Girls blush in Cream Soda. This blush is more like a cream to powder consistency, and reminds me a lot of those bouncy Maybelline blushes.




Eyes


Maybelline 24hr Cream Eyeshadow in Bad To The Bronze

Once again, this makes my list. It's such a pretty cream eyeshadow and super low maintenance, just slap it on and go! I've been reaching for this quite often for lazy days, or as a base for my Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette.

Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeshadow Stick in Penny

I'm in love. Yet another winner from the Sephora Bronze Bares All set, this incredibly pigmented twist up stick has been my go-to for a night out or edgier makeup look. It effectively creates a foiled metallic look when concentrated on the lid, or a lovely copper wash when sheered out with a brush. I love blending it with my cream shadow pot to create a shimmery light brown shade on the lids.

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara

Back to an old old old favourite of mine. The first type of makeup that I started wearing back in high school was mascara, and my favourite was Lash Stiletto! My lashes are like straight iron filings that can only be tamed into a curl with a stiff and straight mascara wand. The waterproof formula has great lasting power and does not smudge. An oldie but a goodie.

ClioWaterproof Brush Liner in Kill Brown

I love brown eyeliners, and I needed something after my KVD Tattoo Liner ran out! This shade is about two shades lighter (a coffee brown, as opposed to KVD being a dark brown.) I liked using it on more casual days for a sneaky natural cat liner flick. It has great staying power and didn't fade at the wings like my KVD one sometimes does.

Eyeko That's Where I Draw The Line Pen Liner

An inky black felt tip pen liner that I received in a Glossybox. It's pigmented, wet, and very black. I like using it for a bold cat wing (which I wore quite often in April). My only disappointment with this is that it smudges in the inner corner of my eye, but I've resorted to lining 3/4 of my eye with this pen and the inner part with a gel pot. It's also the Alexa Chung collaboration with Eyeko, which I love! Too bad Eyeko doesn't really have a presence here in Canada.

What were some of your favourite products in April? Have you tried any of these items before? Do you like travel size makeup products?


Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign