a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

14.5.16

Spring Lipstick Edit


The Spring Lipstick Edit


Spring is here and in full bloom. You know what that means - a full lipstick rotation! Out with the mauves and deep reds and in with the bright and peachy! You guys probably already know that I'm completely predictable with my lip colours. I find out my faves and stick to them!

If you're looking for a new peach or coral shade to try out, think of this as a guide. These are some of my favourite light and peachy shades for spring and summer! Perfect for everyday use, the workplaces, and sunny summer days.





My picks...


bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss - A semi-opaque peachy beige gloss with subtle gold shimmer and a slightly sticky finish.

Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint - Probably the only red-pink toned shade in this edit - a cream stain with serious staying power! This stuff lasts for ages, works very well as a base for other colours.

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Sweet Cream - A creamy coral shade with a red undertone, almost an orange-red. A nice summer take on the classic red lip.

Maybelline lipstick in Coral Burst - A bright pinky coral that makes me feel like I should be partying at a music festival. Very pigmented and bright application, but does tend to cling to dry patches on the lips.

Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Streak - A creamy bright pinky toned coral with a slightly more muted undertone than the Maybelline lipstick. Creamy and opaque application, feels ultra hydrating.

Dior Addict Extreme lipstick in Riviera - A semi-opaque lipstick that gives a light orange wash of colour across the lips. Sheer and very pretty but does not last very long on the lips.

Sephora Oil Infusion lip stain in Tangerine Ink - My tried and true - a slightly darker orange shade than Sweet Cream. Fades beautifully on the lips and has great staining power. So sad that Sephora discontinued this line, I should have stocked up :(





The colours are closer to their true shade in the flash photo, and photograph slightly more pink than reality.

Part of me wants to be adventurous and try out different shades, but I know I'll always come crawling back to my safe shades! What are some of your favourite lip products for spring and summer?

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign