a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

25.5.16

A Look At Spring 2016 Releases | Estee Lauder & Aerin


A few little goodies... 


...appeared at my doorstep the other day.

I've been transitioning my makeup to reflect the warmer weather - glowy skin, subtle bronze, and colourful lips are making their way into my makeup bag. I've also been switching up my fragrances (think light, floral, and airy - hello chloe!) I thought I would showcase these items because they totally capture spring/summer makeup trends!

Let's take a look at the spring/summer releases for Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess collection, as well as a new Aerin fragrance!


Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess - 2016 Collection


Estee Lauder Limited Edition Summer Glow Eyeshadow Palette


I absolutely love the new Estee Lauder Limited Edition Summer Glow Eyeshadow Palette ($55). I love my neutrals, and this palette definitely delivers a soft spring and summer glow. Enclosed in a gold case, this palette includes both soft shimmers and mattes. Interestingly, this palette breaks the mold of delicate light shades with a bold pop of teal! The palette also includes a dual-ended applicator with a sponge on one end, and a little brush on the other.

In terms of texture, I did find this palette to be a touch powdery. The above swatches are on top of UD's Primer Potion. You're not going to find insane pigmentation here, but rather a sheer wash of colour. The teal isn't scary and bright at all, but rather a muted and wearable shimmer! The brown on the right is the most pigmented, and has such rich colour payoff. I would highly recommend this palette for those who are looking for a light and delicate tint of colour on the lids! Very sweet and feminine.



Estee Lauder Limited Edition Summer Glow Illuminator


If there's one thing I love, it's a good highlighter! Estee Lauder introduced their limited edition Summer Glow Illuminator ($36), and boy, is it pretty! The Bronze Goddess illuminator comes in a little glass bottle with a small dropper applicator. It looks super pigmented in the bottle, but don't worry - this fluid illuminator gives the most natural and lightweight sheer wash of bronze glow to the skin. It's essentially summer in a bottle! I've been wearing it almost every day across the tops of my cheek bones and collarbones. I also mixed a tiny drop into my foundation!

You only need a tiny drop of this. I seriously can't get over how lovely this illuminator is. It's not glittery, but very lit from within. The formula is oil-free and does not feel sticky or greasy when applied.





I believe this is the Estee Lauder SuperNoir eyeliner pencil crayon. Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how smoky and black this kohl crayon is? I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of these crayons, but even I am super impressed with the sheer pigmentation and easy of application! The kohl is super super soft and smudgey, perfect for that sultry smoky eye. This would also be a fabulous base for dark shadows and glittery pigments!




Aerin Mediterranean Honeysuckle Body Cream


Aerin is a brand I've always wanted to try, especially since it is so highly touted among some of my favourite YouTube beauty gurus. My interest was initially piqued after Alix of ICovetThee mentioned the brand in a video, and it's lingered in my mind ever since.

Aerin has introduced their new Mediterranean Honeysuckle Body Cream ($64) for the S/S 16 seasons. It is seriously the loveliest scent - I've been wearing it almost every day since I got it! The fragrance is a very whimsical and floral scent. The body lotion is obviously a much more subtle version of the fragrance. Mediterranean Honeysuckle has notes of sweet honeysuckle and sparkling grapefruit, Italian bergamot, mandaril oil, and bourgeon de cassis. The product details also state that "the sheer femininity of Lily of the Valley and lush Gardenia glistens with the sweetness of Honeysuckle blossoms and builds to a sleek and sensual richness of Jasmine Sambac Absolute with a warm, silky embrace of Ambrox with Musk."

Sounds like there are a ton of elements, but it's not a busy scent and it fades beautifully. The lotion itself is rich and moisturizing, and sinks into the skin without leaving any residue.

Have you tried any of the new Aerin or Estee Lauder spring/summer releases? 

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin


Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign