a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

2.4.16

Haulin' Five New Faves


Out Shopping... (again)


I've picked up a few products which I've really been loving lately - a little mix of skincare and makeup! The drug store has really been killin'  it lately! It makes me happy that more budget friendly brands are stepping up their skincare and makeup game, making ~beauty more accessible for all~.

It's a very skincare focused haul this time.. let's jump right in!




Dove Dry Deodorant Spray (Original)

Aerosol deodorants and only recently becoming a thing here in Canada. When I lived in the UK, I noticed that deodorants were primarily sprays, and I liked them a lot better than the stick types; my favourite was the Dove Pomegranate spray! However when I tried it out, it seemed to smell different than I last remembered. The original scent is soft (kind of like baby powder), dries quickly, and claims to have 48hr protection.


Nivea Men After Shave Balm

This was another youtube impulse purchase. I've been loving NikkiTutorials recently, and she often uses this after shave balm as a primer! I never really use primers (sometimes they feel to siliconey for me), but it was on sale for $6 at Loblaws so I figured why not? It's a liquidy lotion texture when first applied, but dries quickly and leaves a slightly tacky surface that works well as a makeup base! It does leave behind a ~manly~ scent that definitely lingers for a bit (maybe an hour or so?). It's not too strong but I'm quite sensitive to scents and I kept picking it up after I had finished my makeup. A great budget primer!

Caolion Pore Tightening Memory Sleeping Pact

I'm going to be real here - the appearance and texture looks like mucus. It's a weird jelly consistency that's hard to describe, and it has a slightly herbal scent. But it feels so good on the skin! It's an ultra moisturizing sleeping mask that makes your face feel all cool and tingly. Read my full review here!




Bare Minerals Original Powder Foundation in Fairly Light.

This was given to me by a friend who originally bought it for herself but didn't like how it looked on her. Luckily... I love it! I like powder foundations, and I'm almost finished my little pot of the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Powder Foundation (which I own in Ivory, but it's a shade too light for me right now.) This Bare Minerals formula is medium coverage and feels invisible on the skin. I've never tried any Bare Minerals before but I think I can say that I'm in love! This is the original formula, which gives your skin a satiny finish (not completely matte.)


Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

An oldie but a goodie. I tossed a bunch of mascaras last week so I decided to go back to one of my favourites as a teen! The wand is long and stiff, and works fabulously to lengthen and volumize my lashes. The waterproof formula holds a curl, and any mascara that manages to keep my straight-ass iron filings for lashes in place is a winner in my book.



Have you tried out any of these products? The Nivea After Shave Balm is a real steal of a deal if you can get past the man-deodorant scent! Raid your boyfriend's washroom cabinets because you might already have this lying around! ;) Luckily, I absolutely love colognes and after-shave smells so I can't get enough of this, especially for $6!



Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign