a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

18.4.16

GLOW GIRL | My Favourite Products for a Glowy Base


Lit From Within


(...Minus to $$$, but thanks for the catchphrase Charlotte!) Glow bases seem to be all the rage these days - a viral trend that seems to be taking over our blogs, our instagram feeds, and of course, our makeup kits! I'll admit, I'm not that into the glow. I have quite dry skin and I feel like sometimes a sheen can emphasize that. In the summer, I'm pretty sure I sweat enough that I could pass off the perspiration as "that new hourglass setting powder!" 

I'm not super super into matte - I guess I lean more towards...satin finishes? Is that the term? Dewy, I suppose. Here are my top pics for the days I do feel like being lit from within.





Estee Edit Beam Team

I absolutely love this stuff! It reminds me of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector deluxe sample I received about two years ago (still 3/4 full because you seriously need the lightest touch.) Of course, the Estee Edit Beam Team is the newest glowing boost on the market, and for good reason. They say you can use it as a glowing moisturizer or primer under foundation, but that's a little too much for me. I like it as a light and sheer sheen across the tops of the cheeks on more natural days - highlighting without being too highlightery. Read my full review here!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

100% hype-driven purchase because I'm a poor, poor sheep. I only ever use this in the spring and fall, it seems, or whenever I'm looking to achieve a very natural dewy effect on the skin. It doesn't too much for oil control but it does have quite a nice blurring effect. I use it to set the high points of my face. The packaging is lovely but I don't know if I'll ever get through this entire compact... Although I hear they do make a mini sized version, which I'm sure is more than enough.

Bourjois Java Rice Powder

A purchase from my days of living in England - this little pot of shimmery setting powder is all I need to feel girly and glowy. They had just released the vintage-style packaging of the Java Rice Powder, and I had to have it! It's superfine and looks quite glittery until applied to the skin, where it gives a very ethereal element to the skin.Oh, and it smells like Rockets (or Smarties if you're in the USA) .




Majolia Majorca Jeweling Eyes Eyeshadow Quad in BR792

Another one of my most treasured makeup items - this quad from Majolica Majorca. My friend Sunny and I did a swap a few years ago and she sent me a few Asian brands to play around with. This quad is all I need for a soft, sultry, and diffused eye look. The colour palette is gorgeous - a glittery white, silvery-rose, warm-toned copper, and dark chocolate brown. I only use it for special occasions because it also photographs beautifully.

Ofra Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Highlighter in Bliss

A highlighter that could rival the likes of Champagne Pop, this little pan arrived at my doorstep in an ipsy box! It's a highly pigmented cool-toned bronze that makes for a wonderful summer glow! It doesn't look too dark on the skin and is suitable for paler skintones. It doubles as a fabulous eyeshadow, with an intense foil effect when applied with a wet brush.



What are your favourite products for glowy skin? Have you tried any of these products before?


1 comment:

  1. Having combo skin that shines on its own I tend to go for more matte finishes, but I do love a good highlighter on ma cheekbones! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign