a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

28.3.16

What's In My Makeup Bag; March


Light & Fresh


March was not a particularly adventurous makeup month. The month came in like a lion, and it looks like it'll be going out like one as well! The weather was crazy, along with my skin. March was all about soft neutral colours and a light base, along with a focus on skincare. Here are some items that really stood out to me!



Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repairing Mask

Laneige really saved my skin this month! This mask smells like strawberry pocky (aka absolutely mouthwatering delicious! I have no idea how they nailed this scent so well!) It's a thin, creamy, lotiony mask that I like to put one during a soak in the bath. Read my full review here!

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

Whaaaat? Another Laneige mask? Of course, I had to fit in another product from my favourite skincare brand! This light gel mask is the perfect sleeping mask. It absorbs quickly, smells fantastic, and most importantly calms and hydrates the skin. This was also featured in my post about Laneige 2016 releases, and is also one of the brand's most popular items!

Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Eyeshadow Palette

I blame Desi Perkins for this one - her snapchats whilst on vacation with Tarte in Hawaii seriously captured my heart! She swatched these and the shades looked gorgeous - I snapped them up when they were on VIB preorder! This is the perfect combination of spring and summer inspired shimmery neutral shades. *happy tear* I swatched and reviewed it here! It's a bit more warm toned than my Naked 2 palette, which I think works better for me in the summer months.

Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Water Foundation

As of right now, I've been mixing this foundation with a drop of my Armani Luminous Silk foundation... It's a shade too dark for me (*pale neck problems*) but it'll work really well in the summer time when I've tanned a bit! The formula is really nice and light, but the dropper packaging has proven to be quite messy...


Estee Lauder Pore Vanishing Stick

This stick has lived in my makeup bag ever since it arrived at my doorstep last month! Bye bye pores, seeya never.  Read my review here!

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in 150 Neutralizer

My foolproof neutral concealer. Some days I'll use this and nothing else! It's light and concealing without looking cakey, and it lasts all day!

Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in Bad To The Bronze

Still a fail proof base! It has worked very well with the Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Eyeshadow palette!

Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Stain in Tangerine Ink

These lip stains were on the sale section of the Sephora website, so I had to snap up a few more colours (although most were sold out.) I'm pretty sure Sephora has repackaged them in clear tubes, which looks much cheaper and not as luxe as the black tube. Tangerine Ink is a lovely neutral orange-toned shade!


MAC Archie's Girls Blush in Cream Soda

The almighty holy grail blush that I love love loveeeee!! I could ramble on for ages, but instead, you can just read my blog review here. The absolute perfect neutral coral powder blush.


What products have you been loving this month? I'm pretty sure that Sephora has their VIB sale in April so I'll have lots of new goodies to feature! Things on my ~list~ include the beauty blender and a new full coverage foundation for con season... I'm thinking Make Up Forever or Kat Von D!

xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

*This post contains press samples, but as always it's 100% my honest opinion
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign