a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

7.3.16

Tarte - Rainforest Of The Sea Eye Shadow Palette Review + Swatches


Tarte - The Ultimate Beachy Summer Eye Shadow Palette


Tarte is one of my absolute favourite beauty brands - a perfect mix of cute packaging and quality long lasting products. I've raved about the Rainforest After Dark palette and Airbrush Powder foundations in the past - you can read my reviews here and here! I only recently discovered the Rainforest Of The Sea collection - Desi Perkin's snapchats and vlogs started it all when Tarte took a group of ambassadors of youtubers to Hawaii! (So lucky!)

Also, can you tell I love those little paper sqwiggly things for background textures? ;)





The packaging is gorgeous - inspired by the Rainforest and tropics, this palette is covered in gold, purple, and blue designs! The shadows are laid out in a pinwheel formation.





Rainforest of the Sea vs Rainforest After Dark


I own another pinwheel palette from Tarte, so I figured I would do a comparison! The Rainforest After Dark palette is one of my favourite palettes, and is definitely one of my travel essentials (which you can read about here!) It features six shadows, a highlighter, bronzer, and blush. It is slightly more solid and a big larger than the Sea palette.



The Sea palette is a bit smaller, and contains eight eye shadows. I wish the Sea palette had included at least a little blush or something! The Rainforest of the Sea palette is $41 CAD on Sephora, whereas the After Dark palette is $48 CAD. If you're looking for value, go for the After Dark. If you want to become a mermaid this summer, go for the Sea!




Review & Swatches


The color selection for the Rainforest of the Sea palette is absolutely beautiful! All the right shades for a perfect glowy spring / summer look. I'm gonna be using the heck out of this! It features six shimmery/satin-finish shades, with two light coloured mattes.

8 x 0.05 oz Eye shadow - clockwise from top
Seashell - shimmery rosy pink
Wave - soft oyster grey
Abyss - cool tone dark brown
Reef - copper
Starfish - golden bronze
Cove - matte tan
Sand - matte ivory
Mermaid - antique gold


Formula:

Everyone has been raving about this palette - it got an A on Temptalia! The eye shadows are soft and workable, and have absolutely beautiful colour payoff. The swatches above are on top of Urban Decay's Primer Potion as I always wear a primer under eye shadows! 

Overall...

I absolutely love this palette! A little pricy, yes, but it's essentially a selection of eye shadows that I wear on a daily basis. Admittedly, the packaging did play a big part in my initial obsession. The palettes were available for early access for VIBs so I snapped one up when the dreaded "Only a few left" noticed popped up... Only to find the "out of stock" button there right after I placed my order! I guess I was super lucky... This also happened when I bought the After Dark palette! The Tarte gods must be watching me...


Right now my favourite colours are mermaid and starfish! Subtle shimmery gold lids are my faaaaaveeee.

I would love to try out some more things from this line but I'll let me wallet take a breather for a little bit. The Tarte Rain Forest of the Sea Water Foundation is next on my list, but I'll pick that up later in spring/summer so it won't be completely useless after I start tanning, because I tan quite drastically lol... 

What are your thoughts? Are you also completely in love? Any plans to pick up this palette?


xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin



Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign