a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

21.3.16

Beachy & Bright Makeup ft. Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea


Rainforest Of The Sea



This is the first time I've ever done a feature for a certain makeup look that I've done. I really liked how my makeup turned out for my most recent video (an unboxing of Loot Crate Anime Box), and somehow remembered to take actual detail photos after filming the video!

My favourite style of makeup is neutral shimmery tones on the eyes, winged liner, long lashes, and coral cheeks / lips.

I've been loving Tarte Products recently, especially their new Rainforest Of The Sea Collection! It's just so beautiful. Tarte has quickly risen to the top of my list of favourite makeup brands.




Makeup Products Used


Base:

  • Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Water Foundation in Fair - Light mixed with a drop of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 2, to lighten the shade a tiny bit.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation in Fair Honey (review here)
  • Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in 150 Neutralizer
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

Eyes

  • Puffy 3-Tone Violet Circle Lenses (15mm) - (review here)
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette in Mermaid (lid), Starfish (crease), and Reef (outer V) -  (review here)
  • Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (for wings and drawing on bottom lashes because I basically don't have any)
  • L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock mascara

Brows

  • L'Oreal Brow Stylist Pencil in Brunette
  • L'Oreal Brow Plumper mascara in Brunette

Cheek / Contour

  • MAC Archie's Girls blush in Cream Soda (review coming soon!)
  • Tarte Park Princess Ave bronzer

Lips

  • Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion Oil Lip Stain in Tangerine Stain (but it had kinda rubbed off by the end of the video)



So recently, my eyelids have been really puffy in the morning. Not sure why, maybe the allergy season is starting up a bit early? It's really annoying because one of my eyelids stretched out a bit and created a weird triple fold, making one eye look noticeably larger than the other due to the larger lid space. I have lots of folds on my eyelids, so I used a bit of my favourite lash glue (a brand called 'Magic', I got it on Pinkicon but it seems they don't carry it any more). It comes with a little brush so application is easier. I paint on the glue where I want my new crease to be and gently push in the skin with my double eyelid stick thing.

You cans see the makeup in action here ;)



I also used my current favourite, holy grail peach blush - MAC Archie's Girls blush in Cream Soda. Yes, I've only had it for a week. Yes, it is holy grail. Look out for a review post heading your way soon!







Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign