a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

25.2.16

February 2016 - Glossybox Review



My First Glossybox


For those of you that are not well versed in the world of beauty subscription boxes, you're missing out! The premise of Glossyboxes are simple - it's a box subscription service whereby you pay $21/month (free shipping within the US), and receive a selection of five beauty products from various brands. It's a great budget method of testing different products without committing to paying full price for products. The February Glossybox appeared in my mailbox - let's take a look inside.......


First of all - the box! I do love good packaging - it makes the overall experience seem much more thoughtful. Beautiful watercolour heart balloons grace the top, whereas the inside sports bright pink tissue paper and paper padding. Glossybox includes a card introducing the items and brands that are included in each box.


Let's check it out...

The February 2016 Glossybox included 4 skincare products, and one makeup product. I was surprised to see Glamglow in the box - it's a brand that I have been curious about and have seen around Sephora, but never took the plunge because of the high price point!


Benefit Porefessional - 3ml

I can't tell you how many times I have received the Benefit Porefessional - trial versions seem to be included in almost every subscription box! (Not that I'm against that - it's a solid product.) The Glossybox contains a 3ml sample in a little tube. It's a nude-toned primer that isn't oily or creasy, and helps reduce the appearance of pores and prolong makeup wear!

Glamglow ThirstCleanse Daily Hydrating Cleanser - 30g

Easily the item I was most excited for in the box! I've heard so many great things about Glamglow masks. The idea behind this cleanser is quite interesting - it's a mud to foam cleanser. It comes out of the tube like a mud mask - you apply it as a mask, take the left over mud and add water, lather it up into a foam, and then work it into your face with the rest of the mud! It doesn't leave your face feeling squeaky clean, but rather soothed and moisturized. It leaves behind a bit of a film, and would be best following an exfoliating cleanser.

Teeez Oasis Gem Lipstick in Heat Wave Ruby

My mother spotted  this and snatched it up quite quickly! It's a satin-finish, warm red colour. It applies smoothly on the lips and has a very nice formulation. I've never heard of Teeez Cosmetics before but I'd say it's a brand to look out for!


Biorepublic Aloe Rescue Revitalizing Fiber Mask

I am no stranger to face masks - I love them! This face mask from BioRepublic has a soft aloe scent and lots of serum, which is absorbed into a cloth mask and applied to the face. It soothes the skin and leaves it feeling super moisturized.

Etre Belle Golden Skin Roll-On

I've never really tried an eye-roller before, and it seems as though this is a full sized product! It's a clear gel that is dispensed by rolling the metal ball over your under eyes, and claims firm the skin around the under-eye area.

Overall...

My first experience with Glossybox was great - I've been loving skincare products at the moment and definitely have a use for all of the products that were included. The only downside at the moment is that the Canadian dollar is absolutely disgusting right now, which makes the Glossybox quite pricey after the exchange rate!


Have you tried Glossybox before? Which one of the items would you like to try out the most?

xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

*This post contains press samples, but as always it's 100% my honest opinion
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign