a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

11.2.16

2016 Lunar New Year Manicure

New Year, new nails, amirite? 

More like new week new nails, because I'm far too indecisive about my nail designs to keep them for more than 5 days. Point aside, I wanted to share a simple red and gold manicure that I wore during the Lunar New Year celebrations!




For the base coat, I used Sally Hansen Triple Strong Gel Nail Hardener. This product is great at strengthening nails that tend to chip, peel, or bend! Definitely a game-changing product for me, and help increase the longevity of my manicure.

For the dark red base colour, I used China Glaze Merry Berry,  topped with a single coat of The Face Shop's Trendy Nails polish in RD303. I prefer to wear darker reds, but the midtone tomato shade of RD303 helped bring the overall colour up a few shades lighter.

On the accent nail, I used Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish in Game of Chromes - a yellow tinted chrome colour. I have yet to find the perfect yellow gold polish, but until that day, this will have to do. I would more than appreciate it if you left your suggestions below - the closest I've seen in stores has been Essie's Good as Gold, but it's still not a true gold in my opinion!

I dotted the floral designs on with Essence's dotting tool! Super easy to achieve - five dots for flower petals, and an accent dot in the middle!

I topped everything off with Sally Hansen's Diamond Flash quick dry top coat. This topcoat is such a lifesaver as I'm way too impatient to wait for my nails to dry properly. My little heart ring was part of a set from Forever 21.

Hope you enjoyed the Lunar New Year celebrations if you celebrated them! My parents took my boyfriend and I out for dinner at Summit Garden, which I have previously blogged about here. If you're ever in Mississauga and in the mood for Chinese cuisine, I highly recommend it! Super tasty dinner as always - peking duck, sweet and sour pork, crab... The works.



Also tried on my  old green qi pao (I think thats what it's called?) As well as my mom's red and black dress... Which one do you like best? :)

xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign