a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

5.1.16

Clear Skin with Neutrogena - Oil-Free & Pink Grapefruit Solutions Review!



Here we are... a very cold and grey 2016! We were doing so well - I truly believe we were going to get through winter with the 10C+ temperatures unscathed... Although we seem to have avoided the 4-foot snow piles (for now), the weather is still harsh against my sensitive skin.





Lately, I have been facing a series of unfortunate breakouts - I'm sure it's because of the harsh, icy temperatures, or the relentless dry winds. I wish it was socially acceptable to wear ski masks out in public without looking like I'm about the rob a bank, because I'd be all over that trend. These breakouts are different from my typical hormonal bouts and the teenage acne I was once cursed with. My skin becomes more sensitive during the winter months, resulting in a rigorous exfoliation regime that seems to have resulted in excess facial oil and sebum production.


Fortunately, I was given to opportunity to trial Neutrogena's Rapid Clear anti-spot gel, as well as their oil-free products and signature pink grapefruit line!

I am very familiar with the pink grapefruit line - many of the products formed the basis of my high school skincare holy grail. Neutrogena's oil-free pink grapefruit line focus on cleansing, hydrating, and soothing acne-prone skin which is often difficult to achieve in the Winter months, where everything seems to be dried out and dull. Oh how I love winter.


CLEANSER
The Neutrogena oil-free acne wash is an alcohol-free cleanser that provides deep cleaning without overdrying the skin. This wash penetrates deep down to clean pores to help prevent blemishes by removing excess oil and surface buildup. It feels refreshing on the skin! I also feel like it helped to clear up my acne as it contains salicylic acid to provide intensive deep cleansing. The formula is also gentle enough for daily use.

MOISTURIZER
When suffering from acne, it is important to keep the skin clean and hydrated. Neutrogena's oil-free formula works well with sensitive skin. Some anti-acne cleansers can make the skin feel dry, and possible cause peeling and flakiness. This makes it difficult to apply makeup may even cause acne to appear worse than it is. It is essential to moisturize the skin- I recommend choosing a non-greasy water-based formula that won’t clog pores and fights acne fast! Remember - moisturizing is necessary to keep skin looking healthy and smooth!


BODY WASH
For those suffering from breakouts on the chest, back, or shoulders... look no further! The Neutrogena pink grapefruit body wash is made with 100% natural derived grapefruit extract and vitamin C. The scented body gel is super refreshing, and is gentle enough for everyday use!


SPOT TREATMENT
Don't you hate it when you have one big obnoxious zit sitting in the middle of my face? For about a week, I had a stupid zit lurking underneath my skin - it was red and painful and all-around unpleasant. The Neutrogena Rapid Clear spot gel is a clear gel that is applied directly to the zit and lasts up to eight hours! Spot treatments are an excellent solution for drawing out and healing those annoying lurkers. It can be reapplied continuously as needed, and has a soothing cooling sensation.



You can find most of these Neutrogena items in department stores and pharmacies. You can also find additional information, and purchase the products at Neutrogena.ca!

*This post was sponsored by Neutrogenabut as always it's 100% my honest opinion! 
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign