a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

17.11.15

Korres Wild Rose Brightening Set


Ah yes, Christmas season has begun! I'm always instantly drawn to the Beauty Boutique section of Shoppers Drug Mart as brands start to release their holiday gift sets! Korres has been great with releases this year, offering a few different sets with trial and full sized items.

I picked up this gift set earlier this week because I'm almost done my Wild Rose Advanced Sleeping Facial - a thick and luxurious night cream which restores and hydrates my skin overnight! I've been wanting to try the other items in the Wild Rose range but never went ahead due to the hefty price tag. I saw this kit for $50 in Shoppers and decided to go for it to test out these items! And luckily for me, the kit scanned for $40.99 at the checkout (which I kept quiet about because it must have been a pricing error, but $10 off, yay!)


This kit includes two full sized products - the Wild Rose Brightening 24-Hour Moisturiser and the Exfoliating Cleanser. I love the Wild Rose Scent! For those who are a bit more sensitive to scents, you might want to test it in stores first. My skin is sensitive but the fragrance does not cause breakouts.


The moisturizer comes in a solid glass jar with a thick white plastic lid. I originally wanted to compare the moisturiser to the sleeping facial cream to see if there was that much of a difference in consistency and overall result, and I must say, there is. I would have included pictures of the sleeping facial but I've basically run out so I'd just be showing you an empty jar, but the packaging is quite similar except it's white rather than red.


The Wild Rose Brightening 24-Hour Moisturiser is very lightweight and applies like a light lotion. It is quickly absorbed and has a dewy finish when worked into the skin, My skin feels moisturised and hydrated throughout the day, but the "24-hour" claim is a bit of a stretch. It has a powdery rose scent which lingers for a little bit after application before fading away.

By contrast, the Wild Rose Sleeping Facial is much thicker and has a more gel-like consistency. I only really use it before bed on days where I've been wearing a lot of makeup, or before I go out in very cold weather. It offers a huge hydration boost to the skin. I always notice that my skin has a drastic improvement in brightness and elasticity when I wake up in the mornings, which is nice!

If you're debating on which product to make the splurge on, I'd 100% say the sleeping facial. However, the moisturiser is good too! Especially for the set value.


Next - the exfoliating cleanser! This is a very creamy exfoliating cleanser with microbeads. The formula isn't packed with them - it is very gentle on the skin and works up to a creamy lather when water is added. I love how this feels on my face! It has the same powdery rose scent as the moisturiser. It exfoliates my skin without drying it out. I'll probably purchase the full size when I'm finished with this one!


Overall, I really like this set! Definitely pick it up if you're a fan of Korres products. This would also make a great gift for the friend or family member who likes rose scented products and is looking to invest more in their skincare regime!

Have you tried any Korres products? What are some essentials in your winter skincare regime?

xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign