a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

8.11.15

How I Edit My Photos ft Corel PaintShop Pro X8




Hello lovelies!
I often get questions about how I edit my cosplay and blog photos...whether that be fashion, food, or product photos! Thanks to the partnership I have with Corel on this post, I am sharing tips on photo editing using PaintShop Pro X8!

PaintShop Pro X8 is basically a fast, easy, powerful, and affordable photo editing program with almost all the power of Photoshop at an affordable price! Adobe is the big name in the industry for creative editing programs and the one I'm most used to, but my dad favours Corel and subsequently gave me lessons on how to use the program haha! The roles have reversed... It's very easy to pick up though, and has a lot of creative options.

So, let's get started!

The basics:

I have a few different items in my photography/ video kit that I use. I am currently using the Canon T3i as my DSLR camera. I typically pair it with the 18-55 kit lens, and the 50mm f/1.8 portrait lens. I use my DSLR and a Nexxtech for video and fashion/outfit posts!

I have a set of Cowboy Studio lights which I use to light my videos and sometimes product photos if I don't have good indoor lighting.

For photos of makeup, food, and anytime out and about on the streets, I use my Canon G7X, which is a micro four-thirds camera! (Think of it as the lovechild between a standard point and shoot and DSLR)... Many of the DSLR capabilities in the body of a point and shoot! Very handy and easy to carry around.

Editing...

Although photos can still look great straight from the camera, editing makes quite a noticeable difference!

Here's an example from my Halloween outfit post... (You can see the full post here)


This is the raw photo from my camera... It looks okay, but there's a lot that can be done to improve it!


The same photo, with increased brightness and contrast, tweaked levels and curves, and a boost in saturation!


Makes a bit of a difference, doesn't it?

Now, I'll be showing you how I edit photos using Corel PaintShop Pro X8! The program itself is very similar to Photoshop except with more accessible creative options! One of my favourite features is the instant effects! It's kind of like preset Photoshop actions.

 (click image to enlarge)

There are lots to choose from! The one applied on the top photo was called Fade Correct Small, which added subtle blur and focusing and changed the colour balance to be more blue/cyan. This is typically how I edit my photos anyway, so it's convenient to be able to do it in one click!

Another example for an upcoming post, which I edited entirely with Corel Paint Shop Pro! It's a recipe post.... Here's one of the unedited photos...


Now, let's work on this photo! Like my other photos, I'm going to increase the contrast, up some of levels, and work with the curves.


Looking much better, right? PaintShop Pro also has a one-step photo fix, or a smart photo fix which can put the unedited photos beside the work area so you can see your edits instantaneously!


There are lots of other features which make it a great alternative to Photoshop! Definitely a blogger friendly program, and much cheaper than Photoshop! I don't know about you, but I'm super impatient and I'd rather take photos than sit down and edit for hours... I want my photos to look good, but I hate editing! Paintshop X8 is a great solution!

Here's another examples of the things you can do...


Looks cool, right? Luckily for you, Corel is offering up to 30% off the price of Corel Paintshop Pro X8! And check this out --  Here's a campaign coupon for $20 off the purchase or upgrade of PaintShop Pro X8 (Pro & Ultimate)! Just use the code 2930 Click here to find out more...



Have fun! Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think!

xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

*This post was sponsored by Corel

1 comment:

  1. Compared to other programs, there is nothing particularly remarkable, all the same typical settings and effects.. It is more interesting to use https://macphun.com/ soft for Mac, there are a lot of new filters and settings.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign