a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

26.10.15

Acne Free with Clean & Clear

Hello lovelies!

My battle against acne has spanned over the past ten years. I've tried almost every acne-fighting cleanser, scrub, astringent, pad, or cream in the drug store. Fortunately, I've found what works for me, and my acne has been at an all time low! You can find out what's in my current skincare regime by checking out my skincare tag.


I recently had the opportunity to try out Clean & Clear's three step cleansing system! I remember using these products when I was a teen, so it's a real throwback. The three step system includes a cleanser, a deep cleaning astringent, and a moisturizer. If I remember correctly, It retails about $14 - $15 at most drugstores (like Walmart!)


The products target dull skin and acne, in order to hydrate and even skin tones. There are three simple steps: cleanse, tone, and moisturize...


The Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser has a gel formulation with Vitamin C and ginseng. It has a light citrus scent which is really nice to use in the mornings. It also contains soft bursting beads that work to gently exfoliate the skin. After cleansing, it did make my face feel quite dry. I have combination skin at the moment, but I imagine this would work well for those that have oily skin types or suffer from excess sebum.


The cleanser is meant to be followed by the Essentials Deep Cleaning Astringent. This toner targets the additional dirt or makeup that is left behind after cleansing. Acne fighting ingredients such as salicylic acid treat and prevent blackheads, pimples, and breakouts.

Again, this product is quite drying. You're supposed to take a cotton pad and wipe it over areas such as your T-zone, or any other places where you make have excess oil. I would only recommend using it once a day, and make sure to moisturize right after!


And finally, the Dual Action Moisturizer. The oil-free formula helps to moisturize and provide additional acne treatment to the skin. I really like this moisturizer! It absorbs and dries quickly on the skin without feeling sticky or oily. It feels cool and tingly on the skin at first which is great.


Overall, I don't think this set is for me as oily skin and acne protection aren't my primary skin concerns at the moment. If you're suffering from excess oil or frequent bursts of facial acne, I would highly recommend for you to check this out!

Have you tried Clean and Clear products before? What are some of your favourite acne-preventing products?


Thanks for reading!

xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

*PR sample provided by Johnson & Johnson Inc for consideration! 


Displaying CleanAndClearBanner.jpg
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign