a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

26.9.15

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipsticks Review + Swatches| Donut, Bumble, Ouiji, & Avenue

Hello lovelies!

Matte matte matte - I'm all about the matte lipsticks recently. After my love affair with Kat Von D's Studded Lipstick in Lovecraft (which I honestly don't shut up about), I've been addicted to matte lips. I don't like the sticky or wet feeling from glosses, lipsticks often smudge off... Luckily, my friend Jen told me about the Colourpop Ultra-Matte Lipsticks!

 Colourpop Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks are exactly what the name implies - they're a liquid lipstick foruma that dries suuuper matte on the lips. Not satin ~KVD studded lipstick~ matte, no, I'm talkin dry lips. Buuuuut, the forumula is intensely pigmented.


 I picked up four colours - donut, ouiji, bumble, and avenue! They retail for about $6 USD each, and definitely give you a bang for your buck! I haven't found too many matte lip products in the drugstore that come in colours that I like. Colourpop has a wide selection of colours to choose from!

Donut is a bright peachy shade. Ouiji is a bright coral red. Bumble is a dusty warm terracotta. Avenue is a deep yellow red. Each of these swatches were swiped 1-2 times, so you can see the amount of colour payoff you get!

A closer look at the swatches! (Upper: Ouiji, lower: Donut)
I've been wearing Donut the most. It's bright, but not crazy bright. It's a fun pop of colour which seems more appropriate for day time! Ouiji was a super fun bright colour for summer, or nights out.

(Upper: Avenue, lower: Bumble)
Bumble is a nice muted shade for fall, I'm sure I'll be wearing it a lot! I don't have many dark lipsticks so I picked up Avenue. I have a rimmel lipstick that's around the same colour, except it always rubs off super quickly and I'm left with a drag queen-esque border around my lip line.

These are quite drying so make sure to exfoliate your lips before wearing them! 


I know many people (including myself) thought that Donut and Bumble looked quite similar on the website. I tried to compare in people swatches but couldn't find a good comparison, so here you go! I'd swatch Solow too but I don't own it, but I think Solo is more mauvey.

Hope these swatches helped! It's hard to blend after the formula dries, and these liquid lipsticks dry fast! Also, it takes forever to take off (so much staining) so make sure you have a good makeup remover at the end of the day.

Have you tried any Colourpop products before? Which one is your favourite? 

Thanks for reading!

xox,

Sachie

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin


Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign