a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

19.8.15

LUSH Rosy Cheeks + Don't Look At Me | Face Mask Reviews

Helloooo lovelies!

I'm a lush fiend. Every time I walk past a LUSH store in a mall, I'm drawn in by all the pretty soaps and that strong fragrance that seems to warn you that the shop is quickly approaching. I like to treat myself to a Lush face mask about once a month... After discovering that their BB Seaweed face mask helped calm my acne, I've been hooked! I typically like to pick up BB Seaweed or Love Lettuce, as my skin seems to like them, and they've got a pleasant fragrance/texture.

However, when I popped into Lush the other day, I noticed two new face masks! I looked these up after and according to a few reviews, they were Oxford Street exclusives. I guess they've released them in North America!

The first was their Rosy Cheeks Face Mask. Pink? Rose Scented? Insta-buy!

My only disappointment was that there was hardly any product in the pot. I know its only 60g per container, but after looking after other people's reviews, mine looks particularly empty! Hardly half of the pot! :(




Rosy Cheeks is a thick, clay based face mask. It's very thick, and a little goes a long way. It's a little dry, similar to Oatifix. Once you rub it into your face, the mixture warms up and it becomes easier to spread!

In my opinion, Rosy Cheeks has the truest rose scent out of their various rose products. It's got a scent that is very similar to my Chloe by Chloe perfume, so lovely. Rosy cheeks is supposed to calm and soothe rosy cheeks. As someone who experiences some facial redness (on a regular basis, not including shoujo blush), this is a godsend!

I have yet to notice any difference in the redness in my face, but it does smell very nice and I'm absolutely in love with that rose scent. It does make my face feel soft afterwards! If you're a big rose fan like myself, I highly recommend this.


I never see reviews of people wearing the masks in reviews so I thought I'd pop this in, lol. And yes, I was taking a bath! Best time to relax with a face mask. :D It's a very light pink colour. (Also yay, my brows are growing in!!)

Only downside is that it's almost double the price of their regular face masks. 60g retails for $12.95. It is only available in store at the moment. Not sure if this is a limited edition product or not. I love this mask, so it'll likely become a special treat :)

The other face mask that I picked up was the Don't Look At Me face mask,

This mask is probably the complete opposite to Rosy Cheeks! Don't Look At Me  is a cleansing, scrubby face mask. It's most striking feature is the bright blue colour! Compared to Rosy Cheeks, it's very liquidy and has exfoliating properties. It has an invigorating cittrus scent!

Don't Look At Me contains "ground rice to gently scrub away dry skin, murumuru butter moisturizes and zingy lemon juice tones." I like this mask. It reminds me of a wetter, citrusy, and bright blue version of Love Lettuce! Very refreshing...more of a mask I'd wear in the mornings or before going out for a special event or something!

I can see why they call this mas, "Don't look at me!" haha!! Again, this mask costs more than the regular masks at Lush. This retails at $10.95 for 60g! The lemon scent is quite strong. I like the texture - its exfoliating but not harsh. A nice treat but I think I'll stick to my Love Lettuce, just because its about $4 more!

Overall, both masks are lovely, and I'll likely repurchase in the future!

Have you tried these masks? What are some of your favourite Lush products? Have you tried any of their face masks before?

Thanks for reading!

xox,
Sachie


You can also catch me here: YOUTUBE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM BLOGLOVIN!





6 comments:

  1. Ahh I think I'll give Don't Look at Me a shot. I've been waiting for a citrusy exfoliating mask from lush~

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks interesting =D

    www.heykasumi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're really colourful aren't they! :)

      Delete
  3. AH love the blue bright mask selfie! my favourite from the ones I've tried is definitely cosmetic catastrophe. i wish i lived near lush and could try more fresh masks though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried cosmetic catastrophy yet! I've got my 5 pots so I can get a free one - I'll look into it :D
      The lush masks are definitely my guilty pleasure...

      Delete

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign