a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

18.11.14

Day Trippin' Downtown



Hello lovelies!

This past weekend, my mom and I went downtown for a little day trip! I'm always downtown these days because I get bored of living in the burbs and downtown is only a subway trip away. She hasn't been down there for a while so it was nice to spend time on her in between final projects and work.

Starting the trip by getting off at Spadina station, took the street car to Chinatown just by Kensington market.

Stopped off at the Hong Kong Island bakery for some bunz. It was around lunch time so we stopped off for a quick snack.





 Egg tarts and honey glazed meat bun? I'm not really sure what was in this haha my mom just ordered it for me and told me to eat it, so I did. :D

Flaky flaky, nomnomnom. I love me some chinese bakery buns~ Kinda off topic (but not really), I've really been getting in to The Great British Bakeoff! I watched an episode on the flight to Anime Expo over the summer and for some reason decided to continue where I left off! Currently watching season 4 but I'll get to the other seasons soon enough.





Heading down Spadina. It's getting cold and grey again! I feel like we jumped over autumn because now the weather only gets to a high of 2C and there are occasional flurries...

 I always pass by this ramen place but I've never eaten inside! Such a cute mascot character. I'll have to try it out one day.

Traditional chinese herb shop. Brings back bad memories of my mom making weird chinese medicines for when I was sick. They tasted disgusting :(

 Detoured to some random wholesale clothing stores. I REALLY REGRET NOT BUYING THAT HAT, it was realllllyyy soft and warm, only $5! I have a massive head though so it would look pretty ridiculous if I wore it on a regular basis. #kawaiilife

 Also found some super swaggy sunglasses! The sides were really shiny and had a weird pattern, otherwise I would've bought them haha.

Oh Torontonian hipsters....

 Headed down Queen street towards Eatons...

Wearing my Topshop jacket and jeans (Moto jean in tall fit), Talbot boots

 Sporting my new Fjallraven Kanken backpack in Fog! My Swiss Army backpack finally died after 5 years of hardcore usage so I decided to downsize to something a little more compact. It's a lovely little backpack, the handles are convenient and the logo is really cute! It also doubles as a reflector.

 Osgood Hall looks so different in the Hall! It feels like only yesterday when I shot my Kagome cosplay photos with MizunoCosplay, it was very warm, bright, and green!! Dang it winter!! :<

The Bay has set up its Christmas displays in the windows! They are very cute and feature winter scenes along with 'The Night Before Christmas' story. I took a bunch of pictures of the displays in this Christmas blogpost from 2012! 


Excuse the blurry photo but I GOT REALLY EXCITED, Muji is opening up near Eatons centre! :D I loved shopping at Muji when I was in the UK, I got my daily planner as well as some candles, gloves, other small essentials from there! It's near Yonge/Dundas Square, right across from the H&M!

Fiiiinally, Christmas decorations are set up in Eatons Centre! I love it when malls start setting up their winter decorations, the festive mood really brightens me up. There are large reindeer statues placed throughout the mall!


Stopped off at Topshop to look at dresses! A family friend's daughter is getting married at the end of the month and I need to find a nice dress for the wedding. The one on the left is a very sparkly body con dress, and the one on the right is a medium-blue velvet dress with a high collar and side cutouts.

We walked around for a bit before taking the subway back home. It was a fun day hanging out with mama! :D

Which on dress you like better? I've never really worn bodycon dresses so they make me feel a bit self conscious haha.... I like the style of the velvet one because it's different but I would have liked it more if it came in dark red or something!!

Let me know! 

xox



Keep up to date on future posts- follow on bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin


Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign