a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

19.1.14

2014

Hello lovelies!

This post might be a little past when most people do their recaps, but I've been having laptop issues and just recently got it back from the repair shop! But moving on...

Last year I did a year in review post, you can read it here! I thought I would continue the trend. 2013 has easily been the most exciting year of my life so far!! Here are some of my achievements!




  • In January, I started filming regular content for my YouTube channel! My channel started to grow bigger and bigger, and so many exciting things came from it! I went from about 18k to almost 40k! 
  • Applied and was accepted for academic exchange to England! It's been a dream of mine ever since I was little to go on exchange and live in England! The city where my university is from is really drab and boring - it's going to be so hard to return and finish my fourth year.
  • Started making videos with Geek and Sundry! Making biweekly vlogs about cosplay for their vlog channel! This really helped me become more comfortable with vlogging, as well as making new vlogger friends! 
    • Through this, I got to visit my dream conventions, Anime Expo and San Diego Comic Con!! They definitely lived up to my expectations, and it was totally surreal! I even got to do a panel at SDCC with Geek and Sundry, and over 2000 people showed up! Ahhh so cool so cool!!
  • -Shortly after I arrived in England, I attended London MCM Expo and Doki Doki! Met a lot of my English YouTube friends like Kelsey, Cherry and Beckii, as well as Karen (who flew from Germany, where she was doing her exchange!) It was totally surreal because I've known these girls online for years and have only been able to meet them now!
  • Not too long after, I attended the 50th Doctor Who celebration in London! I did some videos with the BBC for the official Doctor Who channel as well, and made a few more youtuber friends! I watched the Day of the Doctor screening in a massive panel room, it was unlike anything I've ever experienced before.
  • Finally, I'm ending my year off on a high note- I've been able to travel more this year than I have any other year! Just recently I did a mini trip from London - Belfast - Dublin - Pwethlli (Wales) - London! Totally crazy and exhausting but so totally worth it.

After such a crazy year, I need to set some goals and resolutions for myself like I do ever year!

  • Keep making more videos! I really want to grow my channel this year, especially through collabs with English YouTube friends!
  • Spend less money! I've been spending a lot since I got here v_v not only on travel but on clothes and stuff too! There's still a part of my mindset that translates £ value = $, even though the pound is still only like 0.56 to the dollar :(
  • Develop and carry through on a fitness regime! Ok ok I know everyone always says "It's the New Year so I'm gonna excise and get healthy yea yea!!" But seriously! I haven't been able to weigh myself since I got here and I'm positive that I've gained weight. Exercise and maintaining a healthier diet will lead to a fitter body, healthier mind and less breakouts! :D
  • Change my style! I'm wayyyyy too comfortable with my sense of style now, I need to learn how to dress up more and present myself more nicely! Slowly switching out my comfort clothes for nicer things.
  • Draw more! Fill up two more moleskines! 
  • Blog more! LOL totally neglected my blog but I want to keep it going, I like looking through my old posts! 

Here's to another fantastic year! What were some of your resolutions? :}



Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign