a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

30.8.13

[Review] Sephora's Give Me Some Lip 2013

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Ahh damn! I knew this blog every other day thing wouldn't work out! Haha, it was cool while it lasted, definitely got me into blogging more. I've got a lot to talk about in upcoming posts, especially for my upcoming exchange to England! :)

Anyway, today is my birthday! It's been pretty chill, just went to the mall and bought a new point and shoot camera for vlogging and taking pictures (since my DSLR is quite heavy/takes up a lot of space.) By the time this post comes out, I'll be out having dinner with friends. Woo Pickle Barrel! :D

My good friend Mika ordered this for me from Sephora for my birthday! It's a value lip set, containing different deluxe size samples from popular makeup brands. You can find it here - it retails for $30 in Canada / $25USD! We were actually surfing r/makeupaddiction on Reddit and came across a really good review.. I kinda said that I wanted it without thinking and Mika was like "I'll get it for your birthday!" Yaay!! :D


 It includes 6 products - one of which is full sized! (Tarte Lip-Surgence!) This is great for somebody like me who hasn't really explored in the world of lip glosses, haha. I think lip products are my addiction, I have so many!

It's funny because the card that came with the order said "Hope you'll get lots of kisses with these in England."

....Hahaha fat chance *forever alone*

Anyway, on to the review! The first one, the Fresh Rose tinted lip treatment isn't pictured because I already reviewed on this blog. You can read the review here! 

 0.10 oz Laura Mercier Lip GlacĂ© in Bare Pink - This is a really pretty neutral pink gloss! It has a really strong scent, kinda smells like vanilla cupcake? Or cake batter or something? I typically don't like this strong of a scent but I really like the smell of this one, and the colour is so nice! A very pretty nude-pink.


 0.07 oz Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish in Dolly - Medium pink gloss with subtle shimmer. I've never tried a Buxom gloss before! These are well known in the makeup community because when you apply it on your lips, you get a tingling feeling! It claims to plump your lips up. The cooling sensation is really nice! Lovely colour as well. 
 0.14 oz NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight - W-wait... what's that black blur in the corner??
 It's Happy! Every time I try taking blog photos, she get's a sudden urge for attention and always walks into my photos. Here she is modelling the Nars gloss, haha. The gloss itself is a pale pink gloss. I was very skeptical when I saw this because I typically don't like very pale colours, I don't feel like they suit my skin tone that well. However, I found that a little bit goes a long way - using just a dab across the lips gives a nice pale colour without being too light.

0.05 oz Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb - Glossy lip pencil. As the name states, it's very pigmented! Lovely rhubarb colour. Haven't really worn this much, but I feel like I'll be wearing this a lot in the fall!
0.10 oz Tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Luster in Glitzy - Full fized product! This is like a glossy lip crayon, a bit more of a smooth texture than the Bite pencil. Medium (slightly copper/orange-toned) pencil with shimmer. I also think this will be a nice fall colour! And it's full sized, which is even better!

Now, for swatches.
My favourite colours at the moment are the Laura Mercier and Buxom glosses! However, I really like all of these colours and I feel like I'll be getting a lot of wear out of each of them. It's great that these are also deluxe sample sizes! I'm not a religious wearer of lip-gloss, so this is a nice way to try out products (for such a good price, I mean $30 for 6 products!!) All of the colours look great across bare lips as well. Haven't really tried layering them on top of lipsticks yet though because I pretty much only have orange lipsticks at the moment haha....

If you want to see what the colours look like on actual lips, check out this review! This was the review that my friend and I found on Reddit that kinda prompted me to fall in love with it. Glad I did! :)Which one is your favourite?

Definitely recommend this set! If you're thinking about it, definitely try it out! (The price is great as well!)

I'll be posting soon when I start preparing for my exchange to England! :D Seeya~!
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign