a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

22.2.13

White Screen mesh contacts [review]

Hello lovelies! I've got a contact lens review for you today, haven't done one in a while now!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm planning to cosplay Hinata from Naruto Shippuden! She's a character that has 'white out eyes' - she doesn't have a black pupil.

I bought these contacts from youknowit.com. I haven't bought lenses from them before, but apparently they're quite well known. They sell lots of special effects contact lenses (like scleral/full eye contacts, ones with special designs...etc. Not really circle lenses)
These lenses are £17.99... I can't remember the exact price for these, but I'm pretty sure it came to a little over $30. The store is located in the UK, and it took about a week to ship here in Canada! :D
 Unlike regular contacts, there is no part for the pupil to see through, since the purpose of these lenses is to create a whiteout effect. 
So you're probably wondering how much it actually obscures your vision! This is based on my experience with them. For reference, I don't wear glasses, I have 20/20 or plano vision (0.00). Also my eyes are a bit watery in this picture because I had just put them in!  I swear my blog is mostly freaky/weird pictures of my eyes hahaha.

If you have dark eyes, they do show through the mesh and are pretty obvious up close. However, they look less noticeable from far away. Instead of having pure white-out eyes, your eyes just look dead and gray.


Since it's a mesh/screen design, you can still see through the mesh. Your vision is probably reduced down to about 60% of your typical degree of visibility. You can still see things such as basic outlines, colours, and shapes. If you bring something up close to your eyes (such as something with writing) and focus harder, you can read. 

For example, here is a photo that I took a while ago!
This is what you would see with your regular eyesight.

 If you had these lenses in and there was a pretty good amount of light, or it was day time, the photo would look like this. A little bit of blurriness. It basically looks like somebody took a big white overlay and put it over your field of vision.
If there was a low-medium amount of light, it would look like this. You can see more colour and generally make out more of things, but there's still a bit of white overcast.

Basically, the more light there is, the less you can see. (Not sure what it's like with the other colours, but this is definitely the case with white lenses.) If you plan on wearing these, make sure you have a friend or somebody who can guide you because these do obscure your vision. I wouldn't wear these for long periods of time either, as they do make your eyesight a tad blurry/ might cause headaches.

Anyway, yeah. Just be careful when you wear these lenses! :> 



Aaaaaand finally, sneak peek of my Hinata cosplay! :D
Cosplay was sent to me from xfancy.com for review, please check them out! Review coming out soon~ 

1 comment:

  1. Them look so interesting! It is best to see them and how they effect your vision as well! I hope nobody actually gets them in hopes of being able to see!

    URL: http://Ashleyschackow.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign