a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

27.1.13

ASMR

Hello lovelies! Long time no see!

I've been quite busy starting up the new year. I've been working harder at my video projects on my youtube lately - getting myself into the habit of filming regularly for my exchange, if get approved for it! If you guys are curious, please check out my channel here <3

Anyway, I've been getting into ASMR videos recently! For those of you who don't know, ASMR is:
Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a term used to describe a sensory experience characterized by a tingling sensation in the head and scalp, which can be triggered by sounds like whispering or brushing, and visual stimulus like painting or drawing. On YouTube, the phenomenon inspired the creation of “whisperer” videos, in which people attempt to trigger the viewer’s ASMR by speaking in a soft voice and making various sounds with inanimate objects.
Here's a great article on VICE that explains it very well. My friend actually showed this to me when he was explaining what ASMR is.


ASMR is a bit of a weird thing to talk about. I've tried to talk to others about it, but I get weird looks. But it's understandable I guess, especially if you suddenly come across an ASMR video of somebody whispering, pretending to be a tattoo artist. (Refer to video linked at the end of this post~)

I've experienced ASMR triggers from as long as I can remember. When I hear quiet whispering or tapping/scratching noises, it sends a lovely tingle in my head, down my back and through my legs. Weird, I know, but it's been very helpful! Usually around October, I tend to get depressed/tired/stressed, and this usually lasts until about February/March. It's not a terribly bad depression, my general mood just takes a dramatic dive. But it's a bit more complicated and personal, so I'll just leave it at that.

Anyway, these ASMR videos have really helped me to ease up and relax a bit more. I went through this period around exams where I was sleeping about 3~4 hours a night and couldn't fall asleep, felt super anxious, and generally tired all of the time. Listening these noises/whispering videos put me to sleep within minutes, so I really owe something to these youtubers who helped me ease up and restore a positive sense of mind.

Here are some of my favourite ASMR videos. Some of them are people softly whispering, some are crinkling/tapping noises etc, some are soft spoken relaxing role plays. They often use bi-aural microphones which are amaaazzziiinnnggg, especially when you listen to them with headphones on.

If you're feeling stressed or sad lately, I highly recommend lying down, plugging in your headphones, closing your eyes, and listening to these whisperers!









...PS I'll have some circle lens + beauty reviews up soon! :]
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign