a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

18.11.12

Abandoned Textiles Factory

A few weeks ago, I had the chance to explore an abandoned textiles factory as part of a design project. Our major assignment was to explore an area and document different elements of design. Later on, we'll have to create artistic pieces inspired by these elements of design. I went with my design professor to explore this abandoned factory, known as the Cannon Knitting Mill.

Here are some of the photos that I took!


It was a very interesting experience since I've never actually explored an abandoned building before. The last time I explored an abandoned house was back in grade 12 when my group communications technologies class made a documentary on ghosts. (It was a huge house in a very rich area that was abandoned and boarded up, so we did some ghost hunting, it was awesome!).

It was good photography practice, although I was just taking quick shots on automatic mode since my battery was dying. (Stupid me forgot to charge my battery........orz) I'd love to try shooting in places like these again, especially with proper lenses and not my kit lens! :D
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign