a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

9.2.12

Letter from penpal! ☆

Today I received a letter/package from my Japanese penpal! Her name is Masae and she's from Tokushima, Japan. We're both the same age. I first met her on Japan Guide's penpal website when I was 16. I've had a few penpals but she's the only one I've kept a steady stream of communication with!  (♡˙︶˙♡) We typically send each other about 3 - 4 letters a year.

We usually exchange letters + small gifts! Here's what she sent me this time! Σ(゚∀゚ノ)ノ

 Kyoto ver. Hello Kitty phone charm! Masae sent me a sakura charm from a temple when she visited Kyoto, which is the one I use now! (*'ω'*) I love this one, I think I'll also add it to my phone!

Some postcard prints that she drew! She's so talented!  

 A short note. Apparently she got accepted into university for nursing! 

 Package of photo postcards from Kyoto.

More cell phone charms - Year of the Tiger Hello Kitty and Rilakkuma hugging the Eiffel Tower. 


I'm really excited to write back to her. I think I'll mail her a copy of Teen Vogue as well as some other little charms I find. Japanese magazines are so different from American magazines. Maybe I'll also include some Toronto photo cards.

Do you have (or have you ever had) a penpal? (´・ω・`)

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign