a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

8.12.11

[REVIEW] Kimchi Yellow/Gold Circle Lenses

Today has been quite a good day! Σ(・ω・`|||)

Finished my first exam (multimedia). I originally thought it was 100 multiple choice questions but it turns out it was only 60 questions! We had 2 hours to finish the exam but I finished in 45 minutes... Stayed another 30 mins to check everything over (by this time, most of the people had left already lol)

Checked the academic website for my school where all out grades are, and turns out I got an A+ on the website I did for my final multimedia project! (⊙▽⊙) To top that off, a packaged arrived from a friend - he gave me his Beats earbuds that he didn't use!  One thing to cross off my Christmas wishlist yay!


Also picked up some Christmassy props for DTAC this weekend "ヽ(´▽`)ノ" My maid K-On cos group, so excited!
(giant candy cane~)

Anyway, enough of that! Time for a lenses review! 

Today, I'll be reviewing Kimchi - Maki Yellow lenses! These lenses are from Uniqso.

I wanted to say that Uniqso's customer service is amazing! They always respond quickly to my emails. The lenses arrived bubble wrapped in a small box. They even added a card, very sweet! The package was shipped in a padded envelope and took about 2.5 weeks to arrive from Malaysia to Canada. ー( ´ ▽ ` )ノ


Here is the stock photo from the website... I could take a proper picture because the lens case that came with the lenses was hot pink, so you couldn't really see the colour that well in the case. (。・д・)ノ゙

Kimchi - Maki Yellow

I've always wanted to try out some crazy gold/yellow lenses!  These looked promising. What really drew me in was the starburst design in the middle - most lenses just have a circular opening for your pupil to look out through, but the Maki lenses have a star design!

They are 16.2mm, which ensure you'll have big dolly eyes! \(⊙ω⊙)/ I think this is the largest pair of lenses I own! I think that they're actually prob more of a 15mm size though, but whatever. The enlargement is great! It's from the brand 'Kimchi' which I've never heard of before, but they have quite a big range of unique lens designs! 

(Sorry for the blurry pictures - my camera committed suicide the other day so I had to use my old pink one.)

They don't look as bright in natural light. The black limbal ring really makes your eyes pop! I actually felt really badass with these in + smoky eyes... The colour of the lenses is a medium pale yellow + a darker, more orange-brown yellow. They also feature latte-like designs, except they are dark brown and are very noticeable. (。・ω・)ノ゙

In direct light, the yellow/gold colour really is noticeable! So is the starburst design, which I think is really cool! ☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

With bright light + flash, the yellow is really noticeable. These would be perfect for a cosplay of a character who has yellow eyes! The black outer ring defines the eyes, but the designs on the lens still make it look ...relatively... natural.

I think it works quite well with dark eye makeup or smoky eyes~


I actually really like these lenses! They're so striking and unique! Definitely cosplay lens though, I'd never wear this out in public haha.  

As for the lens size, it took a bit of getting used to to wearing a size that big. Just make sure you have eyedrops handy! 

You can get these lenses from Uniqso! These lenses are currently on sale for $19.90USD~ Check them out! 


Really excited for DTAC this sunday!  

P.S. Somebody asked me before if I photoshop my eyes bigger... I never do haha, it's all the ~magic~ of circle lenses! 
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign