a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

16.10.11

[REVIEW] DollyEye BarbieDoll Grey Circle Lenses + Rimmel Lash Flirt Mascara

Hello everyone!

I know I seem to be a bit slow on posts lately, please forgive me!  I know somebody asked me to write a post on university life here so I'll try to have that up as soon as possible. For now, I'll try to do some shorter update posts or review posts!

Today I'll be reviewing two products - a pair of circle lenses and some mascara!

I got a pair of grey lenses from uniqso.com! Specifically, the 'Dolly Eye BarbieDoll Grey lenses'.
They sell for $17.90 USD which is pretty cheap for lenses! Uniqso sells different lens brands that aren't as well know, but there are still some super awesome designs!

UNIQSO:Dolly Eye Barbiedoll Grey
The image on the website shows the lenses t have a tornado design! I think this is very striking, and has a very nice design. Take into consideration that the lenses are on a model with blue eyes, hence the blending looks better.



Here is what the lenses looked like in the case. The arrived in a small cute box and the vials were wrapped in bubble wrap!


The lenses themselves are 14mm and have a water content of  42%! These lenses did not dry out after 6 hours of wear! They feature a tornado/swirly design.


First picture is without circle lenses, and the second picture is with the lens in! As you can see, they enlarge quite a bit despite being only 14mm! 



This is what the lenses look like on my eyes! The lenses don't blend very well into my natural eye colour because they are brown, but I still think they look quite nice!


Had to throw out my old mascaras (Maybelline Colossal Volume and Lash Stiletto) since I've had them for a while. I decided to pick up a new one today! I remember Sami saying something about Glam Eyes mascara being good so I decided to check it out! I was looking for length opposed to volume since my eyelashes are a bit short! This mascara promises length and blacker pigments.


I didn't put any mascara in the front part of my eyelashes to show my natural lash length. It actually worked really well to extend my lash length! 


Mascara and circle lenses!

I definitely recommend both of these! The lenses are suitable for cosplay (I use the grey lenses for my Mio cosplay)! They're more of a darker grey - if you want a lighter grey lens, you might want to go with GEO Nudy Grey or EOS Pure Grey!

Finally, I will leave you with a picture that was taken at yesterday's cosplay event! I cosplayed Akiyama Mio, uniform version. The lovely Joanna (AKA the cute Utane Piko cosplayer from Fan Expo) made the guitars for us! So talented! She even gave me the bass because she's going back to Indonesia soon (she's an exchange student)! She's such a super talented cosplayer, I wish one day I'll be able to be at her level! I'll be make sure to take lots of pictures with it when I do my future Mio cosplays! <3

I'll upload more of the photoshoot pictures when I get them! 
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign