a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

26.2.11

BLACK★GOLD SAW PROGRESS

Hello everybody~!

Today I'll be posting pictures of my BLACK ★ GOLD SAW (ブラック★ゴールドソー) cosplay! Specifically, the progress pictures on my giant sword. (For those who aren't following my Facebook page!) 

For those who don't know what cosplay is;
"Cosplay (コスプレ kosupure), short for "costume play", is a type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Characters are often drawn from popular fiction in Japan, but recent trends have included American cartoons and Sci-Fi as well as other pop-culture. Favorite sources include mangaanimetokusatsucomic booksgraphic novelsvideo gameshentai and fantasy movies. Any entity from the real or virtual world that lends itself to dramatic interpretation may be taken up as a subject. " - Wikipedia


I'll be wearing BLACK ★ GOLD SAW to Anime North 2011. AN is a convention that takes place in Toronto from May 27 - 29! (So if you like anime,gaming,cosplay, and live in Toronto, YOU SHOULD GO!)













So badass, right? :)
I'll be cosplaying BGS, with Ringo as my Black Rock Shooter, and Jean as my Black Devil Girl
















Pictures  under the cut! 






< Oh and before I start, these are picture sent to be my commissioner! I'll explain at the end!>


 
 The drafting process!









The wood for the handle!




Skull that goes at the top of the handle!





















Handle now has the carved in areas to give it the protruding shape!



















Insulation foam has been cut, and handle has been inserted inbetween the 2 pieces of foam.












The zig-zag part has also been cut out in the foam. This is what makes BGS' weapon so awesome - it's like, half sword, half saw. THE BEST.






Sword has been coated in primer, along with first layer of paint.























Ridges have been cut into the top side of the sword.








Coated with another layer of paint!
Later on, the sword will be coated in fibreglass so it will harden and won't get scratched! 

Isn't it beautiful? I love it!
I have a feeling that I'll be wearing this to many conventions!

The cool thing about this sword is that I got an amazing prices for it!  I originally posted a wanted ad on cosplay.com looking for a commissioner to make my BGS jacket! (I would have made it myself but I don't have much sewing experience, and sewing with pleather for the first time scares me. ) I received a message from a prop maker saying that he saw the ad and instantly fell in love with BGS' sword design and had to make it! He gave me an amazing quote so I let him make it!  Haha he actually really likes it, and asked (jokingly) if he could refund my money and keep the sword! Haha! 

I'll post more cosplay progress pics when I get them! I also want to start making my claws soon as well! So excited for those! 
Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign