a canadian beauty, travel, and cosplay blog

14.8.10

cosplay progress~


You'll have to excuse my crap webcam photos, I can't take any pictures with my other camera because it's charging. (I was going to plug it in last night except I forgot, ORZ)

Anyway, I've finished my skirt for Hiiragi! I think it looks pretty good!
I've finished the top, the skirt, one of the fans, and one of the red tail things he has.
Here's what he looks like~ (Fabulous gay man is fabulous)

click to zoom
For a bigger image, click (here)

And this is what my skirt looks like so far:

It looks kinda bent out/sticks out in a weird way, but that's because I haven't ironed it yet. Also need to add one of those yellow um, line thingies. And border the green part with black ribbon.


Also, to clarify, I'm wearing a black bikini top under the top, because I'm not doing an open chest binding. (Too risky and painful, also my mom was like LOLNO)

I'm going to try to find some stocking material so I can make a binding/top thingy. I don't want to have to do a 'female version' of Hiiragi, but I might have to if I can't get it ready in time. ):
I went to Mika's the other day and she tried helping me with bindings. We bought some sports bandage stuff but it wasn't my skin colour and looked really weird. (It was this faded red/orange/tan colour and looked painfully obvious) so I was like eh, I'll have to do this I guess if we can't find anything else. But after 15 minutes of wearing them, they started to become loose and start slipping = DANGER.

Anyway, bikini will be the last resort.
Also, after I posted this to my facebook, I got a message on msn from one of my friends (?) who I haven't talked to in a while who said my costume was hot but kind of slutty.
WTF. HOW IS THIS SLUTTY? I'm wearing a knee-length skirt and a top with a bikini top underneath. I don't see how this is any more revealing than a Yoko costume. .___.
Idk, they pissed me off so I blocked them, ohoho. P:

Now, here's a list of things that I need to finished for my cosplay~
  • Finish painting last side of final red tail, sew onto skirt
  • Make that yellow and red thing that's at the back of his skirt.
  • Finish second pair of fans and attach thread to make sure the fans open properly
  • Make gloves
  • Get a black sheer stocking and make his weirds stocking thing. Also make ankle cuff.
  • Wait for wig to arrive and get a red extension, then style.
Yeah, I hope this doesn't end up being a failure for Fan Expo. Sobsobsobbbb

Also, next weekend I will be standing outside of an AMC downtown Toronto dressed in lolita handing out flyers or something to promote the convention. I think it's supposed to be near Eatons? Anyway, if you happen to see me then say hi. :D There will be other cosplayers there as well! :3
I'll be with Sami, ohoho ♥

8 comments:

  1. MENTION MAKES ME HAPPY! >U<

    I didn't realize you could sew so well o.o;; I might have to hire you/get you to help me make some future cosplays♥♥

    You'll be in lolita?Black/White? I still haven't decided what I want to wear to the event >_<;; Choose for me! ;A;

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL not even, my cosplay is so ghetto .__.
    The yellow line thingies were hotglued on, hehehe. So were about a million other things orz

    I'm wearing my sweet lolita dress, like from my Metapod picture (if you don't remember, go to my FC profile pics and the pic with the Metapod should be there) Wear your quite loli dress like from the picnic! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 0__0

    you have work a lot in this cos, it's really cool see the progress..

    and your costume is hot, obviously p:
    you look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely costume :)
    Ive always wanted to do cosplay ~ but uh :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Crozetta: Thanks! :)
    @Mariko: Thank you! And you should try it, it's so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buuuut... wearing the same cosplay twice in a row is boring..plus i don't have the right shoes yet.. I guess maybe I'll just stick to what I was going for earlier :S I'll post pics so you can critique sometime this week♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! your costume looks amazing0.0 I wish i were that creative...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!
    And you totally can be! :D Just practice your sewing skills~

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ lovely ♡ complex. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign